Bạn đang học tiếng Anh? Bạn đang bối rối về từ vựng? Bạn muốn trau dồi thêm kỹ năng làm bài về từ vựng. Vậy hãy để Kênh tuyển sinh giúp bạn một tay nào!
1. Bài tập từ vựng
1. The house was burgled while the family was _______ in a card game.
A. buried B. busy C. absorbed D. helping
2. I am sorry that I can’t _______ your invitation.
A. take B. except C. agree D. accept
3. ______ what he says, he wasn’t even there when the crime was committed.
A. Following B. According to C. Hearing D. meaning
4. He has impressed his employers considerably and ______ he is soon to be promoted.
A. nevertheless B. accordingly C. yet D. eventually
5. He gave his listeners a vivid ______ of his journey through Peru.
A. account B. tale C. communication D. plot
6. Will you be taking my precious experience into _______ when you fix my salary?
A. possession B. account C. mind D. scale
7. The policeman stopped him when he was driving home and _______ him of speeding.
A. charged B. accused C. blamed D. arrested
8. His stomach began to _______ because of the bad food he had eaten.
A. pain B. harm C. be hurt D. ache
9. If you _____ money to mine, we shall have enough.
A. add B. combine C. unite D. bank
10. He was full of _______ for her bravery.
A. energy B. admiration C. surprise D. pride
300 câu bài tập trắc nghiệm về chuyên đề từ vựng tiếng Anh
11. This ticket _____ one person to the show.
A. permits B. enters C. delivers D. admits
12. The cow had lost its own calf. but the farmer persuaded it to _______ one whose mother had died.
A. choose B. adopt C. undertake D. collect
13. If we _______ the plan you suggest, we are more likely to be successful.
A. elect B. command C. vote D. adopt
14. Science has made great _____ during the past 30 years.
A. motions B. advances C. advantages D. opportunities
15. He was a much older tennis player but he had the great ______ of experience.
A. advantage B. deal C. value D. profit
16. I had quite ______ on my way to work this morning.
A. an experiment B. an adventure C. a happening D. an affair
17. He always studies the ______ in the paper ashe wants to find a good second-hand car.
A. advertisements B. publicity C. announcements D. publication
18. On my present salary, I just can’t________ a car which costs over $3.000.
A. pretend B. elect C. afford D. adopt
19. The girl’s father _____ to buy her a car if she passed her examination.
A. admitted B. accepted C. agreed D. approved
20. They are twins and look very _______.
A. alike B. same C. likely D. identical
21. As a result of their ______ the three small independent countries felt less afraid of their powerful neighbour.
A. combination B. alliance C. partnership D. union
22. When he was a student, his father gave him a monthly ______ towards his expenses.
A. salary B. permission C. allowance D. wage
23. Is anyone _______ to fish in this river?
A. borne B. allowed C. admitted D. passed
24. His _______ had always been to become an architect.
A. study B. ambition C. imagination D. direction
25. The ______ of ice-cream sold increases sharply in the summer months.
A. account B. amount C. number D. size
26. If you are bitten by a poisonous snake.it is necessary to be given an ______ as quickly as possible.
A. analgesic B. antibiotic C. antiseptic D. antidote
27. I’ m ________ to get the tickets for the show today, as there are hardly any left.
A. worried B. curious C. anxious D. troubled
28. The child was told to ______ for being rude to his uncle.
A. excuse B. apologize C. punish D. confess
29. He is ______ a very old man but infact he is only fifty.
A. apparently B. evidently C. obviously D. actually
30. As a result of the radio _____ for help for the earthquake victims, over a million pounds has been raised.
A. appeal B. call C. programme D. advertisement
31. Let me know if any difficulties _______.
A. arise B. come C. rise D. happen
32. Could you please _______ an appointment for me to see Mr. Smith?
A. manage B. arrange C. take D. have
33. The police _______ her for helping the murderer to escape.
A. caught B. searched C. brought D. arrested
34. When John _____ in London he went to see the Houses of Parliament.
A. came B. reached C. arrived D. got
35. I read an interesting _______ in a newspaper about farming today.
A. article B. advertisement C. composition D. explanation
36. Students are expected to ______ their classes regularly.
A. assist B. frequent C. attend D. present
37. Before you sign anything important, pay careful _____ to all the conditions.
A. notice B. attention C. regards D. reference
38. In the central region the dry season is long and severe, and the ______ annual rainfall is only about 70 cm.
A. refreshing B. general C. average D. greatest
39. The bicycle was moving so fast that its rider could not ______ an accident.
A. leave B. avoid C. miss D. overtake
40. As soon as the children were _____ , their mother got them out of bed and into the bathroom.
A. woke B. wake C. awake D. waken
41. This ____ is not big enough to cut down a tree.
A. axe B. hammer C. screw D. knife
42. In the market, the merchants _______ and joked with their friends and neighbours.
A. bargained B. gardened C. bearded D. changed
43. He couldn’t ____ the thought of leaving his home town for ever.
A. think B. bear C. carry D. hold
44. The room was so quiet that she could hear the _____ of her heart.
A. beating B. tapping C. knocking D. striking
45. Through a mixture of greed and intelligence, he has ______ the biggest landowner in the whole district.
A. grown B. developed C. become D. increased
46. The damage done to my house by the fire has now _______.
A. done good B. been made good C. made me good D. been for good
47. The children will not be allowed to come withus if they don’t _______ themselves better.
A. direct B. behave C. declare D. compose
48. He has adopted three orphans ____his own six children so that, all together, he has nine children to provide for.
A. besides B. except C. beside D. in place of
49. The two scientists disagreed and a _______ argument developed.
A. wet B. bitter C. salty D. sour
50. The weather was ______ the exceptionally poor harvest.
A. blamed for B. condemned for C. accused of D. criticized for
51. If you are so senseless as to go on long walks in tight fitting shoes, you mustexpect to get _________ .
A. scars B. bruises C. blisters D. spots
52. After lunch I felt ______ enough to ask my boss for rise.
A. strong B. bold C. encouraged D. bald
53. It is a very popular play, and it would be wise ______ seats well in advance.
A. occupy B. book C. buy D. preserve
54. She began to feel nervous when the train pulled up at the _____ between Austria and Yugoslavia.
A. edge B. bar C. border D. division
55. When the bill came, he had to _____ money from his brother to pay it.
A. borrow B. lend C. loan D. let
56. The toy boat turned over and sank to the _______ of the pool.
A. basis B. bottom C. ground D. depth
57. The ball ______ two or three times before rolling down the slope.
A. bounced B. sprang C. leapt D. skipped
58. The bus ran over the cliff because its _______ failed.
A. brakes B. controls C. gears D. signals
59. The ______ of the bank where he worked was not in the centre of the city.
A. seat B. quarter C. branch D. piece
60. Large waves were ______ on the seashore.
A. going B. running C. hitting D. breaking
61. He failed in the election just because he_________ his opponent.
A. overestimated B. underestimated C. understated D. undercharged
62. They__________ because it is a national holiday.
A. don't work B. won't work C. haven't worked D. aren't working
63. She's finished the course,__________?
A. isn't she B. hasn't she C. doesn't she D. didn't she
64. "Would you like a beer?" "Not while I'm_________"
A. in the act B. in order C. on duty D. under control
65. Some friends of mine are really fashion-conscious, while__________ are quite simple.
A. some other B. some others C. anothers D. the other
66. According to some historians, If Napoleon had not invaded Russia, he________ the rest of the world.
A. had conquered B. would conquer C. would have conquered D. conquered
67. Is that the man__________ has been stolen?
A. the car of whom B. the car of his C. whose car D. the car of who
68. When someone answers the phone, you say, "Can I_______ Elsie, please?"
A. talk to B. say to C. tell D. speak to
69. "How much do you earn, Mary?" "I'd_________"
A. rather don't say B. better not to say C. rather not say D. prefer not say
70. Captain Scott's__________to the South Pole was marked by disappointment and tragedy.
A. excursion B. visit C. tour D. expedition
71. The teacher made a difficult question, but at last, Joe________ a good answer.
A. came up with B. came up to C. came up against D. came up for
72. There are a lot of___________ buildings in the centre of the city.
A. many – floored B. many story C. multi – storied D. multi – storey
73."Make yourself at home." "__________"
A. Yes, can I help you B. Thanks. Same to you C. Not at all. Don't mention it D. That' very kind. Thank you.
74.Olypiakos___________ 0 – 0 with Real Madrid in the first leg of the semi-final in Athens.
A. drew B. equalled C. equalised D. shared
75. The pop star_________ when the lights__________.
A. sang – were going out B. was singing - went out C. was singing – were going out D. sang – went out
76. It was not until she had arrived home_________ remembered her appointment with the doctor.
A. when she B. that she C. and she D. she
77.__________ a novelty in American retailing, fixed prices are now universal in sales.
A. It was once B. Once it was C. That once D. Once
78. Jane will have to repeat the course because her work has been____________.
A. unpleasant B. unnecessary C. unusual D. unsatisfactory
79. I don't know if__________ in my essay.
A. is there a mistake B. there a mistake is C. a mistake is there D. there is a mistak
80.________ you ever___________ the U.S. before your trip in 2006?
A. Have – been B. Would – be C. Would – have been D. Had – been
81. "We're going to the seaside." "Can__________?"
A. I come as well B. also I come C. I too come D. I as well come
82. The old man is both deaf and dump. He can________understand us.
A. harder B. hard C. hardly D. best
83. Does that name___________ to you?
A. ring a bell B. break the ice C. foot the bill D. fall into place
84. It was a great______________ to have a doctor living near us.
A. convenient B. convenience C. conveniently D. conveniences
85. "Thanks for your help." "________"
A. With all my heart B. It's my pleasure C. Never remind me D. All it is for you
86. The greater the demand, ___________the price.
A. higher B. high C. the higher D. the high
87. In the 1960s, pop art___________ to discover artistic significant in the commercial artifacts of the consumer culture.
A. seeking B. to seek C. has sought D. sought
88. What is a__________ like that cost?
A. clothing B. clothes C. garment D. clothe
89. "I think women should not go to work." " I__________"
A. quite agree B. a little agreed C. so agree D. rather agreed
90. Put your shoes on properly or you'll___________ over.
A. get B. turn C. fall D. bend
91. Barney and friends gave children________pleasure.
A. a great deal of B. a large quantity C. a large deal of D. a great number of
92. Do you have any objections________ this new road scheme?
A. at B. with C. to D. for
93. Despite a lot of hardship, the Green City Project will go__________.
A. before B. forward C. advance D. ahead
94. I'm sorry! I didn't break that vase on__________.
A. my mind B. time C. purpose D. intention
95. I don't feel like__________ to the cinema now.
A. go B. to have gone C. going D. to go
96. He has_________ money in the bank.
A. a large number of B. a lots of C. a lot of D. lot of
97. There's a good film_________ town.
A. at B. over C. on in D. in on
98. He isn't going to learn Spanish and___________.
A. so isn't she B. neither is she C. she isn't too D. either she isn't
99. The policeman explained to us________ get to the market.
A. how B. how could C. how we could D. how could we
100. He's always trying_________ me.
A. to avoid to meet B. avoiding meeting C. to avoid meeting D. avoiding to meet
2. Đáp án
01 -10 CDBBA BBDAB
11 -20 DBDBA BACCA
21 -30 BCBBB DCBAA
31 -40 ABDCA CBCBC
41 -50 AABAC BBABA
51 -60 CBBCA BAACD
61 - 70 BDBCB CCDCD
71 - 80 ADDAB BDDDD
81 - 90 ACABB CDCAC
91 - 100 ACDCC CCBCC