20:30 PM 15/09/2012
Chúng ta dùng both, either, neither để nói về 2 người hoặc vật:
* Mary has two children. Both are married. (Both = the two children)
* Would you like tea or coffee? You can have either. ( Either = tea or coffee)
* A: Do you want to go to the cinema or the theatre?
B: Neither. I want to stay at home. (Neither = not the cinema or the theatre)
So sánh giữa either và neither:
* A: Would you like tea or coffee?
B: Either. I don’t mind. (= tea or coffee)
B: I don’t want either. (not “I don’t want neither ” )
B: Neither. (= not tea or coffee)
Both/ either/ neither + Noun
Both + plural: Ex: both windows/ books/ children, etc.
Either/ Neither + singular: Ex: either/ neither window/book/child, etc
* Last year I went to Paris and Rome. I like both cities very much.
* First I worked in an office, and later in a shop. Neither job was very interesting.
* There are two ways from here to the station. You can go either way.
Both of…/ either of…/ neither of…
* Neither of my parents is English.
* I haven’t read either of these books.
Bạn có thể nói both (of) the …/both (of) those…/both (of) my …etc
* I like both of those pictures. Or I like both those pictures.
* Both of Ann’s sisters are married. Or Both Ann’s sisters are married.
Both of them/ Neither of us…
* Ann has got two sisters. Both of them are married.
* Tom and I didn’t eat anything. Neither of us was hungry.
* Who are those two people? I don’t know either of them.
Exercises: Put in both/ either/ neither. Use “of” where necessary.
1. Last year I went to Paris and Rome. I liked …cities very much.
2. There were two pictures on the wall. I didn’t like … them
3. It was a good football match. ….teams played well.
4. It wasn’t a good football match. ….teams played well.
5. “Is your friend English or American?” “ ………..She’s Australian”.
6. I invited Diana and Mike to the party but ……..them came.
7. “Which jacket do you prefer, this one or that one?” “I don’t like ………them.”
8. Paula and I didn’t know the time because …….us had a watch.
9. We went away for two days but the weather wasn’t good. It rained on …days.
10. Ann has got two sisters and a brother. …….sisters are married.
2. either of
6. neither of
7. either of
8. neither of
|Tin tức HOT: Quy chế tuyển sinh 2015 - Thông tin tuyển sinh 2015
Sự kiện: Du học, du học mỹ, du học anh, du học úc, du học singapore, tư vấn du học
Đối với người bận rộn, việc đầu tiên cần làm là sắp xếp thời gian học. Bạn nên tìm đến các lớp học uy tín để có môi trường rèn luyện tốt ở tất cả các khả năng và cũng nên tự học thêm ở nhà. Nếu muốn cải thiện khả năng Anh ngữ, bạn cần cố gắng nhiều hơn, ví dụ: học mỗi ngày, học mọi lúc mọi nơi.