09:35 AM 12/06/2016
Học sinh sau môn thi tiếng Anh.
Khóa ngày 11 tháng 06 năm 2015 tại TP.HCM
Môn thi : ANH VĂN Thời gian: 60 phút (không tính thời gian giao đề)
I. Choose the word/ phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the space in each sentence. (2.5 pts)
1. Disneyland __________ its 60th birthday on Saturday 18 July, 2015.
A. celebrated B. congratulated C. complicated D. complimented
2. __________ the 3rd day of the Lunar New Year, pupils often pay their teachers a visit.
A. To B. On C. In D. At
3. Our little son was sleepy when we were walking to the park;________, we went home early.
A. therefore B. however C. moreover D. although
4. People _________ do not love nature may not love anything else in life.
A. whom B. whose C. which D. who
5. Speaker 1: “Excuse me. Do you mind if I sit here?” – Speaker 2:”_________”
A. You’re right B. Not at all! Go ahead C. Sure, thanks. D. Really? Good!
6. The small bamboo forest _________ the entrance to the village makes it picturesque.
A. at B. in C. on D. to
7. About 70% of the earth’s __________ is covered with water.
A. world B. atmosphere C. ocean D. surface
8. The teacher ________ Van if she had ever tried calling a helpline.
A. said B. advised C. asked D. suggested
9. Speaker 1: “______” Speaker2 : “Sơn Đoòng is a new tourist destination.”
A. Let’s eat out this evening! B. We need a holiday, dear!
C. I miss my relatives in Huế! D. I’d like to cook something special food.
10. I chose to buy the house in District 9 ______ avoid noise and pollution.
A. so that B. in order that C. so as to D. in order not
1. A 2. B 3. A 4. D 5. B
6. A 7. D 8. C 9. B 10. C
II. Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting. (0,5 pt)
11. One of the great pleasures of to travel to another country is eating differentdishes.
A B C D
12. The drought that caused by El Nino weather patterns is hitting Thailand and Cambodia.
A B C D
Answers: 11. B 12. B
III. Read the following letter. Decide if the statements from 13 to 16 are, True or False and choose the correct answer (A, B, C or D) for the questions 17 and 18.
I am writing this to tell you how much you are missed and loved, especially on such a special day as today. I will always remember that day – my graduation day. You were standing there with tears in your eyes while I was walking towards the stage to get my diploma, a moment in time that would last forever. You are such a devoted father who has always taken very good care of family and me. I now live independently, Dad, and I’ve experienced the difficulties of being and adult, and I am going to have my own children with all the burden of being a parent. I understand and love you more. After all, I will always be your little naughty son! Happy Father’s Day.
13. This is a letter written by a man to his father.
14. The father cried when his son was on his way to the stage.
15. The letter is sent from a son to his father on the son’s graduation day.
16. The writer of this letter has no difficulty living an adult’s life.
17. What is the letter mainly about?
A. The writer’s study at university B. The writer’s childhood memory
C. The writer’s thankfulness to the father D. The writer’s marriage life
18. Which of the following can be inferred from the letter?
A. The father is quite irresponsible
B. The writer is in disagreement with the father
C. The writer has a lot of experience in work.
D. The writer very much respects the father.
13. True 14. True 15. False 16. False 17. C 18. D
IV.Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the following passage. (1,5pts)
Britain will soon ban smoking in cars with children. Britain’s government wants (19)______ the harm cigarette smoke does to children. New laws will cut the chances of children passive smoking. This is when someone breathers in the (20)______ from other people’s cigarettes. Many studies say passive smoking can almost be as (21) ______ as actually smoking a cigarette. The British government says that it has looked at research pointing out that children who sit in smoke-filled cars have (22)_____ problems. It in particularly bad in cars because there is so little space, so the car fills with smoke very quickly. (23)_________ agrees with the new law. Some lawmakers argue that it takes away the freedom for people to smoke in their own car. However, Britain’s health minister states that the health of children is more (24)___________ than the freedom to smoke.
19. A. reduce B. to reducing C. to reduce D. reducing
20. A. gas B. tobacco C. smell D. smoke
21. A. harmful B. heavy C. careless D. tired
22. A. traffic B. housing C. health D. economic
23. A. Everyone B. No one C. Not everyone D. Every lawmaker
24. A. important B. useful C. serious D. interesting
Chú ý: Thí sinh chỉ ghi mẫu tự A, B, C, hoặc D vào ô trả lời
19. C 20. D 21. A
22. C 23. C 24. A
V. Use the correct tense or form of the verb given in each sentences. (1.0 pt)
25. The local government has plans to ________ this city. [modern]
26. That exchange student can speak English and Spanish ________. [fluent]
27. Nowadays, Vietnamese women still wear ao dai, especially on a special ______. [occasional]
28. Some styles of jeans in the 1960s were ________ jeans, painted jeans and so on. [embroider]
29. Too much ______ on the parent spoils a child. [depend]
30. Despite the benefits of the Internet, the users sometimes suffer ______risks. [variety]
Answers: 25. modernize 26. fluently 27. occasion
28. embroidered 29. dependence 30. various
VI. Rearrange the groups of words in a correct order to make complete sentences (0.5pt)
31. considerable progress/ our parents were/ all of us had made/ happy to hear/./
32. and friendly environment/ to practise your English/ offers you a good/ the Academy of Language/./
Thí sinh viết tiếp nhóm từ và dấu câu theo đúng trình tự vào phần trả lời để hình thành câu hoàn chỉnh.
31. Our parents were happy to hear all of us had made considerable progress
32. The Academy of Language offers you a good ang friendly and environment to practise your English.
VII. Rewrite each of the following sentences in another way so that it means almost the same as the sentence printed before it, (2.0pts)
33. What a pity! We cannot try all the special food of the village.
→ We wish we
34. “I want to send my son to a university in the UK”, she said
→ She said that
35. You will pass this entrance examination with enough hard work.
→ If you don’t work
36. The Prime Minister will open three more new schools in the town next autumn.
→ Three more new schools will
Thí sinh viết tiếp câu đúng yêu cầu của đề dẫn
33. We wish we could try all the special food of the village.
34. She said that she wanted to send her son to a university in the UK.
35. If you don’t work hard enough, you won’t pass this entrance examination
36. Three more new schools will be opened in the town next autumn by The Prime Minister.
Theo Thanh niên, nguồn: http://thanhnien.vn/giao-duc/goi-y-giai-de-thi-lop-10-mon-tieng-anh-tai-tphcm-712499.html
Theo nhiều chuyên gia, tuyển sinh và đào tạo cao học của VN hiện nay có nhiều nét “đặc thù”, vì thế chất lượng đào tạo khó hội nhập quốc tế nên cần điều chỉnh, thay đổi.